- Pages -

9.11.2014

baby journal: week 30


This week has been characterized by hip pain - holy hannah keep you up at night kind of stuff - and fatigue.  Ah, third trimester, it will be a nice thing when we are through with one another, no?  But by then I'll be a sleep deprived, hormonal mess, so I guess you just have to pick your demons.  And, ok, the hip pain was really brought on by a sub-par mattress I slept on over the weekend.  When I got home and back to my memory foam mattress topper?  Heaven.  Sweet, sweet heaven.  I even (almost) slept through the night.  Miracles do happen.

We also took a little mini babymoon/3rd anniversary trip this weekend down in Laguna Beach.  Needless to say, it was delightful.  Dave and I have done a lot of vacationing the last month or so, but it was great to get away just the two of us for a few days and enjoy the sun and sand.  Dave had to enjoy the waves for both of us though, as they were crashing a little too high and hard to tempt baby boy and me...

Also worth noting: I am officially running at a higher body temp than David.  Normally I run southward of 98.7 and David is a furnace, but these days I'm sleeping sans blankets with the air blasting while he's snuggled under the covers.  It's really strange actually.  Good thing summer is turning into "fall" around here (the forecast for next week is in the triple digits - ugh), maybe I'll get a little bit of a reprieve soon!  Or maybe not...

No comments: