I mean, those cheeks, right? He's been working hard on them.
As of two months this little chunk is weighing in at 12 lb 6 oz (50th percentile) and is 24 1/2 inches long (98th percentile). But the kicker is really his head circumference: 42 1/2 cm (>100th percentile). This kid's head size is off the charts, quite literally. Just a future genius over here.
We also survived our first rounds of shots this month - both of us. I was pretty worried about watching my little babe get zapped so I asked Dave to come with me, and you know what? It really wasn't that bad. He had to get 3 shots, but our nurse was so stellar and quick that by the time she got to the third shot he'd just begun to figure out he didn't like what was going on. He cried for maybe 30 seconds (while I felt horrible and cuddled him to death), and then was totally good to go. I know some babes are super sad after shots (poor little sore legs!!), but Clark is definitely a baby superman. He was back to his normal self after a good nap and some food in his belly.
So far this kiddo has given me one, blissfully amazing 6 hour nighttime stretch, but, unfortunately, just the once. His usual MO is to go down at 11:00ish, wake up at 3:30 to eat, and then go back down till 7:00, which isn't bad by any means, buuuuut, sleeping through the night is our goal here. Feel free to do it any day now baby!
Currently the best way to get this kiddo to smile is to: smile and laugh with him. Works (almost) every time. He gives cheesers out pretty freely to his daddy and me, but since we haven't been taking him out too much yet (it being winter and flu season and all) we'll see how much of a flirt he really is soon enough ;)
Some highlights from month two:
- This babe's first Christmas - too much fun
- Taking baby boy to Disneyland for the first time. I know he won't remember it, but it was a kick all the same.
- Watching this kid sneeze and startle himself. It's a habit that's going out the window soon, but I will for sure miss it when it's gone.
- Baby boy taking a bottle for the first time! Halleluiah! Momma could use a little help now and then, ya know what I'm sayin'?
- Clark finding his reflection for the first time and chatting himself up. Too stinkin' cute.
- Also, baby boy has definitely found his tongue and it's rarely inside his mouth anymore.
- Lastly, and weirdly, I CANNOT set an alarm for this kid if he's napping or he WILL wake up before I want him to. Every. Single. Time. It's seriously uncanny. He must have a 6th sense or something. I guess I'll just keep watching the clock...
** P.S. - Clark totally took a less than stellar and totally disjointed nap while I tried to write this post. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut ;)