- Pages -

7.18.2014

baby journal: week 22


Well I did it, I finally caved and started shopping for nightgowns, because let's face it: I'm so over waistbands.  During the day?  Fine, I'll put up appearances.  But at night?  No way pal.  I want to be comfy, comfy, comfy.  So, yeah, I bought a few caftans - and I'm not even sorry about it.

Sleep has started to become elusive even with a mattress topper, body pillow, plus a few pillows besides.  It's a sad business...we need to figure that one out.  I guess when you've got a house guest as big as a papaya (Dave: that's huge!) sitting in your abdomen this can't be too shocking.

David has informed me that I've started to waddle a bit, but I don't think that boy knows what waddling actually is.  I'm still walking fine and dandy, thank you very much, sweetheart.  Except when I go up and down the stairs.  No judging.  Stairs get to me.

It's been funny to see what my body can and can't handle anymore.  For instance, I got down and scrubbed our tub earlier this week and then the next day I couldn't shake an achy back.  Silly, yes, but there it is.  I'm also getting winded much more easily than before, but I've read that's normal (don't lie to me now internet!).  I'm sure this is just the tip of the ice burg...

PS - Did you know I'm 6 months along??  Gosh that sounds like a lot...

No comments: