- Pages -

7.21.2014

a little R&R



This was one of the first weekend since we've moved where we found ourselves completely devoid of plans (except a two-year-old's birthday party, but we're talking big commitments here.  PS the party was a ball).  Something about having no obligations rang sweet to me and sleeping in shamefully late on Saturday didn't phase me in the least.  July, you are the best.

In honor of such a lazy few days we spent a good chunk of time just enjoying this new place we call home, and I gotta tell you, it's getting to me.  Pasadena, you are delightful.  We shambled up to Colorado Avenue, slipped through shops, sipped on sugary drinks, peeked in at City Hall and drove home again in 5 minutes.  A successful $5 date night I think.  What more could one want?

I also can't get over the view we have from our bedroom balcony.  I know it's not anything shmancy, but give me a courtyard with a few palm trees and some buttery golden hour light and I'm a happy camper.  Doesn't take much to please this girl.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, we kinda like it here.  Hope baby boy agrees.

No comments: