- Pages -

4.14.2014

baby journal: week 8

Journal from Monday, April 14th ● Posted 5.27.14

Well, it's the beginning of the end: I've pulled out my fat pants and switched to maxi skirts.  And whether it's due to bloating or baby bump, I don't really care.  We're all about comfort over here these days.  Stylish comfort, but comfort all the same.  Honest to goodness, I really didn't think I'd be having any issues with a belly for at least 3 or 4 more weeks, but...yeah.  I think I need to go figure out those belly bands everyone raves about.  The rubber band trick can only stay classy for so long.  It is time.

Among other things, half of week 8 was spent lounging in Palm Springs, which baby N found quite to his liking because I barely felt nauseous the whole trip!  A good sign I hope!  Also I was craving McDonald's cheeseburgers for the first half of the week.  Glad that's over.  Dave told his senior on the job he was working that we were expecting (so she wouldn't wonder why I ate Saltines 24/7, or slept really late or what have you) and it was ridiculously fun to share our excitement with her and talk babies at every meal, which was the only time I spent with them.  It was just a taste of things and baby mania to come...

Speaking of, we're starting to get crazy excited to pop the news to our siblings now that both sets of our parents know...just one more week!!  But part of me is relishing having our little secret.  I have these funny moments walking around the grocery store and thinking, gosh, nobody knows how incredibly crazy and upside down my life has turned and how completely and utterly happy I am.  At the same time I can't wait to let the cat out of the bag.  All in good time, all in good time...

Meanwhile this little raspberry-sized person has also been:
  • Forming tastebuds!  Which is kind of fun.
  • Giving me a whole new set of growing pains (aka round ligament pains) which comes to light when I stand up, sneeze, laugh too hard etc etc. 
  • Subsiding on the nausea somewhat - fingers crossed this is a trend!
  • Making me hit the snooze button all. the. time.
  • And killing me with anticipation.  We have to wade through 32 more weeks of this??  I think I'll die of excitement first.
PS - I also put an entry in to be on Ellen Degeneres mother's day show.  Fingers crossed I get a seat!

No comments: