- Pages -

3.07.2014

do re me


So, serving in our church's Young Women's program I've been asked to help with a lot of things from time to time: activities, lessons, etc etc - but for the first time ever, I was asked to help organize a song to be sung by a group of our youngest girls for a big program next week...

Yikes!!  

Lets clarify things: I sing.  I took private voice lessons all growing up and in college - I can learn a song with the help of a lovely pianist - and I do not read music in the slightest/ play an instrument.  So...this has been an adventure for me.  Leading a song, thinking about where to have them breath, and cutting them off...holy smokes.  I have a new found respect for choir conductors everywhere.  Luckily I've got a great pianist who is so on top of things and has really stepped in to teach the girls the mechanics of the music.  Without her, well, it would have been...let's call it interesting.  Good thing cute little 12-year-old girls will look and sound sweet almost no matter what we do ;)

Picture via 

1 comment:

Christy said...

I bet you are so great. I can just see those beehives looking at you and thinking when I grow up I want to be just like her. :)