- Pages -

12.03.2013

the rest of utah

So, part of me is pretty sad that we missed Utah's first snowfall of the season by only 3 days, but that's the way it is.  I'm not sure our tiny plane would have done well dealing with the ice, so maybe it's a good thing...

In other news, here's all the fun things we did post wedding, you know, besides the fact that we stayed in our PJ's till noon the day after the big day.  Wearing heels for 12 hours and eating cake will really take it out of you.

One of the best things about going to Utah is just being with family and especially being with all the nieces and nephews we miss so much when we're over westwards.  They grow up soooo much in the months between our visits.  Slow down already will you??


Thanksgiving is always fun with the Nemrows, even if David did come home pummeled after their Turkey Bowl ;)  It was a perfectly crisp November day and we cooked and scootered and napped and talked and ate till we could eat no more.  What more could you want from Thanksgiving?


And the feast was divine, really, Cindy outdid herself and I'm not sure any other turkey will be able to satisfy me again. 
I'm still dreaming about her sweet potatoes...


Friday was our last day in happy valley so we decided to go all out, blast the holiday tunes, and go to Salt Lake to see the lights at Temple Square (my favorite Utah tradition).  And they didn't disappoint - although I may have been the only one in a hat, mittens, and huge coat that night.  It was cooold! Or maybe I've just reverted back to my wimpy Southern California skin...
AND, of course, we stopped by our favorite SLC dessertary and shared a waffle smothered in speculoos afterwards.  I mean, how could we not?


And that was a wrap.  We said our goodbyes the next morning and drove a whole 15 minutes (sooo crazy convenient) to the Provo airport and were whisked away back to the land of LA.  Ah Utah, I still miss you, and I'm especially missing your snowy mountains today (speaking of, I love this print).  Till next time... 

No comments: