- Pages -

11.01.2012

new traditions

Halloween might not be my favorite holiday (I don't much like being scared and it always seems to smell like dry ice and cheap plastic - am I right?), so I'm always on the look out for new ways to celebrate it, and David was the mastermind behind this year's idea.  Actually, he got it from his mom : throw a Frankenstein party!  Oh, I mean, a Frank-and-Stein party - where you serve hotdogs and root beer!  I love this idea.  I think it might become a new Halloween tradition for us.


Last night, for David, we made Chilean hotdogs (aka: completos) topped with avocado, tomatoes, and mayo.  Dave loves these things, but I've never tried them before - and they were good!

As a more solid nod to the Halloween holiday we Netflixed Nosferatu and enjoyed a whole lot of creepy organ music and blood sucking.  And, if that wasn't enough, we turned on the TV when it was over and found Hocus Pocus was on!  It's still just as good as it was when I was little - maybe better.

Happy (day after) Halloween!

No comments: