- Pages -

10.04.2012

fall food

I'm not much of a pumpkin carver, and Halloween isn't my favorite holiday by far, but since living in Utah, fall most definitely became one of my favorite times of the year.  I loved that crisp autumn air, pulling on more layers, and, of course, our annual Halloween cruise.  But, arguably, one of the best parts of fall was getting the excuse to make ridiculous amounts of pumpkin cookies.

Now that we live in sunny (and HOT) southern California, that crisp autumn air is hard to come by, but I can still enjoy the smell of pumpkin baking festively in my oven (even if it makes our little apartment stiflingly hot).

Behold, the sweetest food of fall :


Last year I was under the impression that everybody knew how to make these delicious things, but I was sadly mistaken.  In case you missed the recipe, here it is again, in all it's ridiculous easiness :
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PUMPKIN COOKIES:

1 box spice cake mix  (any variety)
1 can of pumpkin
& as many chocolate chips as you desire

Mix together and bake at 350 degrees for 7-12ish minutes until cookies are golden and firm to the touch . . . and you're DONE!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's too easy.  Go make a batch right now.
And eat them with a glass or cold, cold milk, because if you're anything like me, you'll be eating more than one.


No comments: