- Pages -

9.26.2012

highlights no.51


Sometimes I think these highlights posts are so silly.  I mean, this blog is really more like my journal (that just happens to be open to the public) since I've had marginal success with keeping a pen and paper one in recent years.  As an aside, let it be known that I was an avid journal keeper all through middle school & high school, just no so much during the college years.  I love keeping my blog and I love that my friends and family can see what I'm up to states (or hours) away because, honestly, I'm awful at calling and keeping up ties with people - unless you count my mom who I probably call once a day on average.

Anywho, my point is that, yes, these posts are kind of a funny thing for me to put up on my blog, but I really enjoy doing them!  I find fun stuff on the web all week long and I think this is a fun way to share it.

There.  I feel like I've validated this posting series.  On to this week's fun finds!

how come I didn't register for these babies when we got married??

a most beautiful home

broken flowers

an interesting idea about date night

cleaning tips for those of us who are OCD

why do students cheat?

a day in the life of a wedding planner, aka: my dream job

how much to serve at your party (genius!)

this mom is hard core

measuring the universe

aren't these pictures great?

and  I love this

xo

3 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

For the record, I LOVE seeing what you post on here, Carly! You always find the neatest stuff. So, no need to validate. Keep surfing the web and passing along the awesomeness!

Unknown said...

I love these posts too and I think it's a great way to include "current events" in your "journal."
In HS my senior english teacher had us make scrapbooks and she required at least 1 piece of memorabilia and like 10 facts from the year we were scrapbooking (freshman, sophomore, etc.). So I have movie ticket stubs that say I paid just $4.50. It's a great comparison to realize that now we pay about $10!
I think It's good to include things like that so you can remember not only what you did on a particular day but what things you liked and what was going on in the world.

Chelsie Starley said...

Like I've said before... I LOVE these things. So don't stop doing them ever! That cheating article was SO interesting.. thank you for consuming the 3rd hour of my afternoon class :P