- Pages -

6.22.2012

summertimes

Tuesday was the longest day of the year with the most hours of sunshine, and I was lucky enough to spend most of them (and the nighttime hours too) with these girls:
Seeing as how I don't have many daytime commitments as of late and a lovely sister-in-law was in town, it seemed like the best idea to hop in the car (avoiding as much LA traffic as humanly possible/ getting lost in Pasadena accidentally) and drive to Orange Country for the day.

It was delightful - but what day isn't delightful when you spend it lunching at Fashion Island and walking Balboa Island with your best girls?  Few I'm sure.

First there was  trip to the R&D Cafe, which included 3+ Shirley Temples, and, of course, topped off with a pot de creme to share (I'd post a picture, but it wouldn't do it justice - it was gone in less than a minute if that's any indication of deliciousness).

Next off to Newport for a walk along the shops and around the Little Island.  Hello sunshine and salty seaside air.  Hello happiness.











And of course what would a trip to Balboa Island be without getting a Bal Bar?  I hate to say it, but we were disloyal to Dad's and tried the NEW gourmet Bal Bar shop on the island . . .  and it was A-mazing.  I'm not sure I'll be able to go back.

Yep.  We have some pretty good times.

xo

P.S. I ended up spending the night at the parent's house (girl talk went long you see), marking the first time in our 10 months of marriage that David and I haven't spent a night together . . . and we both decided it was rather nice to stretch out in a bed of our own for a change.  We're sentimental like that.

3 comments:

Brendan and Megan said...

So fun!!! You girls are so cute! I am sad I couldn't have joined you! L

Carly Michelle said...

We wish you were here too Meg! We missed ya!

Jarelle Case said...

First night apart in 10 months! Well, that nice and I can only imagine. You guys should get a Cal King someday and then you will be able to both spread out!