- Pages -

4.09.2011

it's Friday, Friday

Provo is currently lacking in a couple things:
warm weather
& good places to shop.

So to figure out an engagement outfit I knew I'd have to make the trek up to Salt Lake.

Due to my spur of the moment proposal, most of my shopping buddies had other Friday night plans 
(work, dates, school...)
So David was kind enough to tag along with me even though shopping malls have been known to make him somewhat nauseous.

We hopped on the 15 North around 3:30.

Unfortunately somewhere near the point of the mountain it started blizzarding.
Visibility was something like 50%.
We were stuck in traffic.
My knuckles were white on the steering wheel for a good 45 minutes.
And then we both remembered that the Gateway mall is all outside.
(who okayed that?? it SNOWS in Utah.)

Fortunately we didn't hit anything.
We somehow made it into the city around 4:50.
We found underground parking.
The snow let up.
And then we both laughed at the ridiculousness of our situation.


There was only one issue:
While David is a wonderful (patient) shopping buddy and good listener,
he thinks I look good in everything.

This, actually, isn't really an issue, it's wonderful.
I'm pretty sure I could wear a paper bag and he'd say I was gorgeous.

However, sometimes a girl needs a little constructive criticism.
Hence the pictures messages sent to my mom, 
sister 
and sisters-in-laws:


Just for a little reassurance, ya know?

After much deliberation (and lots of text messages) I made my purchases, 
but in retrospect I probably should have bought this too:


Engagement pictures will come and go,
but the weddings not till August.


(And don't worry, I treated him to dinner for being such a good sport)

No comments: