- Pages -

6.24.2014

drumroll please...


It's a boy!  Holy moly, we are so excited and can't wait to meet our little dude.  We found out the beginning of this month and have just been enjoying spreading the news a little at a time.

Dave and I were both stumped as far as the gender went.  Some people just know, you know?  And, we were not one of them.  I kept leaning towards a girl, but not in a I had a special premonition kind of way, just if I had to guess that's what I'd say.  David was in the same boat.  However both our parents knew it was going to be a grandson.  Chalk that up to grandparent-ly intuition.  David's dad even specifically requested a masculine child when we told him we were expecting, you know, to keep the Nemrow name going.  Glad we could oblige Norm ;)

So far, little man is already just like his daddy: squirming, waking me up in the morning, and always making me smile.  Lots of people say they feel the baby kick most right before they go to bed, but I think we're in for a bit of trouble, because this babe seems to be a morning person.  I can sit in bed for a good while in the wee hours and feel him squirm (which is the funnest part of being a new momma so far).  Hopefully he cuts us some slack when we're new parents and doesn't decide 5AM is good time to be waking up.  But I'm not counting on it...

Mostly it's so great to finally be able to call our bean a he and not keep switching between pronouns every now and again.  And as far as names go?  We're pretty set on one for now, but hey, we've got a whole half a pregnancy left to think about it.  Mostly we can't wait to meet you baby boy!  Your daddy is already bursting with pride over you and I can't wait to snuggle you up so the only question is...
...is it November yet??

No comments: