- Pages -

4.29.2014

baby journal: week 10

Journal from Tuesday, April 29 ● Posted 5.27.14

Little baby bean and I hit week ten on my 24th birthday :) What a way to celebrate!  Most of this week was spent in lovely Columbus, Ohio with my mom taking care of the cutest (fully formed) Tobler grand baby, little Hazel Michelle.  Holy smokes, if this little bean in my belly hadn't already made me crazy baby hungry, this little perfect peanut would!  What a doll!  And what great practice for a mama-to-be like me.  I only wish David was there so I could get him started on diaper changing duty ;)

Too bad little Hazel is practically perfect in every way, barely cries, is super happy, eats well, sleeps well, hardly spits up, and is generally just the cutest, darling-est thing ever...not setting the bar too high over there.  I'm just crossing my fingers that she gets that from the Tobler side - and maybe our baby will too??  Hey, I can dream.

I also got the best birthday gift from a smart new mama - a belly band!  I may never go back.  Buttoning pants??  Such a thing of the past.  Actually though, with the heat waves we've been getting I'm not sure I'll be going back to pants at all.  Hellooooo maternity dresses.  We are now best friends.

As of 10 weeks, this little prune has been:
  • Super kind to her mama and barely caused me any discomfort while in Ohio and focusing on baby Hazel.  She's a good sharer.  I honestly felt so good that it was a little disconcerting.  But don't worry, now that I've home I'm definitely making up for it.
  • Making me stir crazy.  Sitting for a full 4-hour flight?  Fo-get about it.
  • Making me crazy amounts of tired!  Holy smokes.  I can take a two hour nap from 5:00 to 7:00, wake up to greet David when he gets home and then roll right into bed for the whole night.  Baby must be doing some serious growing in there.
  • Making me hungryyyy.  Not so much eating crazy huge meals, just that I am more or less always eating.  Breakfast - snack - snack - snack - Lunch - snack - snack - snack - Dinner - snack - snack - dessert.  I feel like the hobbits in The Lord of the Ring.
  • Making his mama have to go to bathroom all. the. time.  TMI?  Sorry.  I guess it doesn't help that I'm trying really hard to drink 64+ ounces of agua a day, but seriously when you use the loo and then get in the shower and then have to use it again right when you get out?  This is getting to be craziness. 

No comments: