- Pages -

3.24.2014

baby journal: week 5

Journal from Monday, March 24th ● Posted 5.27.14

You know, it's kind of the hardest thing in the world to have people ask me "hey, what's been going on with you lately?" and all I can say is, "oh, you know, same old, same old."  When what I really want to do is jump up and down with glee and yell:

"WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!! LIFE IS CRAZY AND BUSY AND WONDERFUL!!"  

But, you know, I resist.

As of 5 weeks I got my annual spring cold, which normally isn't too much of an issue...when I can take NyQuil.  This time around it was a roller coaster full of humidifiers, peppermint tea, throat lozenges, hot showers, and Tums (the only medicine I know I can take).  Dear immune system, please bulk up - this not taking meds when you're sick situation is kind of no fun.  Rephrase.  Not fun.

On top of my sniffles my tummy has prematurely decided to get picky.  Dave and I laughed that this little peanut inside me is not big enough to be making these kinds of issues, but, at the size of an apple seed, she's doing just that.  I don't ever seem to be very hungry, but when I do eat it is in the tiniest of portions.  That is assuming that I've discovered something to eat that actually sounds good.  Right now my favorite options are saltines, pizza, and Cafe Rio sweet pork tostadas.  Salty.  I guess this baby likes it salty.

Another fun 5 week update is that we told my parents we were expecting!!!  Finally!  Someone else can share in the excitement.  We drove down to their house on Sunday afternoon to join them for diner with an elaborate plan and cute little sign to put on my mom's dessert, but about 10 minutes before we got there, David turned to me and said he didn't want to wait the whole afternoon to tell them.  So we revised and got spontaneous.  We ended up announcing our news while chatting around the kitchen table, and my Mom's face in the video David captured it pretty fantastic.  Excited.  So excited.  It was great to tell them sooner so we had the whole afternoon to celebrate, toast with bubbly blood orange Pellegrino, look at baby books, and talk about my silly symptoms.  And then we pretended we went through with our original plan, because I still thought my little sign was pretty dang cute, and I have a nice family who will play along ;)

No comments: