- Pages -

1.09.2012

presents

This year David and I mutually decided to keep our Christmas gifts to each other small and simple (due to the fact that last year he ambushed me with 5 (BIG) bags/boxes full of presents the night before I flew home for the holidays...I was caught quite unprepared).

Well this year he took the cake.

Small and simple? 
Yes.
Thoughtful and I love it and I'm even using it right now? 
YES again.


Ok it may be silly, but I've been wanting a little magnetic timer like this for ages and wouldn't you know he found me one, had it shipped to my parent's house in CA (so I wouldn't suspect), and surprised me with it on Christmas morning.  Very sneaky sir, very sneaky.

I had to do my own sneaking too, of course.  You know it's much easier to hide things from one another when you don't live together in the same two-room apartment...


This is one David's favorite pictures from our wedding that now graces the mall of our living room.

I'm lovin' this small and simple idea.

3 comments:

Christi Lynn said...

how cute! i love thoughtful gifts :)

Erika Rae said...

Carly, I adore your blog. It is very sweet and simple and I love that.

One question. How do you make your printables? I see one in your picture of your new timer (cute, by the way), and same with the new picture. You should do a tutorial on it or something..because I would LOVE to learn.

Carly Michelle said...

Erika you are such a doll - THANK YOU! However, first of all I have to admit that I didn't make the printable on the fridge - it's from the dessert table at our wedding (and made by a real graphic artist). I just use Adobe Photoshop, but I have been thinking about doing a simple tutorial - thanks for the encouragement!