- Pages -

1.10.2012

2012

As I was doing my usual blog perusing I found the cutest post from one of my friends from back home.  She and her husband come up with a theme for each year - something to live by.  Last year for them was "we can do hard things," and this year it is "take it up a notch."  How darling is that?  I love it. 

I mentioned it to David today and said, if perchance we were to have a theme for this year, what would it be? 
I liked his answer:
Find the best in people.
In situations.
To find the positive outlook.

Of course when he said it, it didn't have a bunch of lovely purple leaves around it - guilty as charged.

I think this is a particularly appropriate theme for us this year.  Life is bound to change a lot in a short 12 months.  We're going to be moving to a new city with new friends and new experiences this year.  We're going to be graduating (can you believe it??) and who knows what other curve-balls life will decide to throw at us?  But we will just have to try to find the best in it all.  
Even if it is easier said than done...

No comments: