- Pages -

11.03.2010

the other day...

I remembered I had some chocolate covered strawberries left in the fridge.
Joy of joys what a fabulous after-dinner treat.

My mom sent them to me for Halloween and,
using the self control that is so rarely present whenever chocolate is in the near vicinity,
I did not consume all 6 of the treats at once.

So I pulled the box off the top shelf of the refrigerator and opened the lid.
Yes.
I had 5 lovely, delicious, sweet morsels left to eat.
What a wonderful sight.

I selected the biggest one in the box and took a big bite.

Hm.
The berry was a little soft.

No big deal.

I take another bite.

Still soft.

Wait a minute...

I lift off a chip of chocolate further up on the strawberry poised to pop it into my waiting mouth when I notice:
white fuzz
All over the top of that strawberry.

I just bit into a squishy, moldy, old chocolate covered strawberry.

Nasty.
Gross.
Disgusting.
Gag.

{ Thank goodness I hadn't swallowed yet }

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Maybe IN the fridge next time, instead of on top? :)

That is horrible. You have my sympathy. One time I took a big swig of expired milk. Really expired. I think I swallowed it, too. Gaggity gag gag.

Rachel said...

this is the most depressing story i have ever heard.