- Pages -

9.10.2010

just peachy


But seriously, somebody tell me that one of the best parts about summer isn't the fruit?
Really.
I dare you.
Anybody??
That's right.

This, my friends, is the beautiful sight I've had the pleasure of waking up to every morning for the last two weeks:


And the best part is that we used to have a box full of these little beauties.
Full to the brim in fact.
So full we were giving them away because we were worried they would go bad (heaven forbid) before we could eat all of them.
I've been eating peaches for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.

Every.
Day.

And I'm not even close to being sick of them yet.

Fall fruits 
{ here's looking at you apples }
ya'll got nothing on my peaches.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I made the biggest mistake ever a few weeks ago. Chris and I went raspberry picking at a darling little 'u-pick' farm -- that wasn't the mistake, the raspberries were amazing and we got like a gallon. BUT THEN when we were picking which kind of fruit to buy pre-picked from their little farmer's market? There were plums, peaches and apples. The peaches looked delicious, but I thought-- we never buy plums! Plums from the grocery store are always so hard and unripe, and these farmery ones will probably be delicious!

So we picked the plums.

It was a mistake.

I can never get ripe plums! They always seem to go straight from hard to wrinkly. There is one sitting all alone, uneaten in my lunch bag at this moment, because they are not very good. And it could have been a peach!

Life is hard when you don't choose peaches.