- Pages -

6.09.2014

baby journal: week 16


Well, we did it.  We moved all our earthly belongings, are setting up camp in a new town, and we made it to week 16.  Accomplishments all around.

David and I went on a Sunday walk yesterday around our new neighborhood here in Pasadena and, as it so happens, we live just a block away from Cal Tech.  It has the loveliest campus you ever did see, and I couldn't resist taking a few pictures with the stunning architecture.  You'll probably get sick of seeing pictures with these baubles above me, but I won't. 

We went to our new ward for the first time yesterday too and, as luck would have it, there were a whole slew of other pregnant mommas there to welcome me into their ranks.  It's going to be so fun to have a group of ladies to sit on the couch and snack with in the foyer in between classes and chat about our newest baby updates as only excited new mommas can do.

As of 16 weeks this little avocado is:
  • Pretty chill.  I haven't had too may aches and pains.  Yeah for second trimester!
  • Giving me an excuse not to unpack the heavier items in our kitchen...
  • Giving it a rest with the allergies already - thank the heavens above.
  • And sorta, kinda beginning to show?  I'll take what I can get.  You know in 3 months I'll look back at that itty bump and laugh at my excitement, but it doesn't matter.  Grow baby grow!

Also can't wait to find out if baby N is a lady or lad come Wednesday!! 

xo

No comments: