- Pages -

11.12.2012

better together

Since we already had commitments this Saturday night, I decided to surprise Dave and take him out for a date . . . morning.  It doesn't quite have the same ring as date night, but it was just as fun.  We had breakfast at a cute local place we've been wanting to try out for a while and when we arrived the line was out the door!  Definitely a good sign.  It was a chilly fall morning, for California (it was in the 50's ok?), and we easily put our names in for seats on the patio and were quickly seated - our Utah skin hasn't worn off yet!  I'm sure I'll be eating my words when we're in Ohio for Thanksgiving later this month though . . .

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of going out for breakfast in the morning  - you have to get up and look nice before you eat something!  Most of the time I'd rather eat my bowl of cereal on the couch in my PJ's, but every once in a while I don't mind.  It was rather charming eating next to all our fellow Santa Claritians, kids in their AYSO soccer uniforms, and a guy playing guitar for us in the corner.  Plus it was crisp enough outside to wear my boots!  I've been waiting to pull these babies out since September 1st.  David thinks I'm crazy, but Utah got me hooked on cold weather . . . something we're rather short on here on the west coast.  I guess that's why we pay the big bucks to live here, huh?  Lame.


Since we were eating at Egg Plantation where they offer 101 omelet options we felt obligated to try one on our first time there, even though David and I both admitted afterward that we aren't big omelet fans.   It was for the experience - next time I won't feel guilty and will just order the French toast like I wanted.  P.S. they had omelets with fillings of apples, pineapple, and honey in them!  Maybe I'll be brave and try one of those sometime.  But probably not.

For the second part of our date I took David to see Wreck It Ralph - we were probably the only people in that theatre without a toddler in tow, but it was stinkin' fun.  I love getting up and doing things in the morning and then feeling like you've been so productive by noon - Saturday was one of those days.

Cheers to a fun weekend!
Is it Friday yet . . . ?

No comments: