- Pages -

8.24.2012

picture #1

I was reading a blog the other day (which one, I couldn't tell you) where this cute girl was telling her love story; how she and her husband met, dated, and got married, etc, etc - classic, high-school sweetheart kind of stuff, and pretty cute to boot.

At the end of her story she posted the first picture they ever took of the two of them together - two high-schoolers, arm in arm, with flushed cheeks & big smiles, beaming in only the way a pair of 16-year-olds out on their first date could beam.

And that got me thinking. . . what is Dave's and my first picture together. . .?
I'm sure it's just as ridiculously adorable - right?

Well, I did some digging, and some digging. . .and some more digging (you should know by now that I have a few pictures stored on my Iphoto) and this is what I (eventually) found :


Yes.
It's true.

Our first picture together is after a hot & sweaty She & Him summer concert in the park in Salt Lake City (me having just gotten off a plane that was delayed for 4 hours & about to loose my car in the middle of downtown SLC), and, yes, David is PHOTO-BOMBING our girl picture.

This is our first picture together.

If only we had thought to take a cuter picture of the two of us before this moment. . .
If only we had known that THIS picture would be the one going down in the memory books. . .

This was, however, the first time David and I had somewhat, sort of hung out, so it's not like we were missing out on photo-ops, we just were lucky enough to capture this gem together FIRST.

P.S. Out of the girls in that picture, four of us have up and gotten married and one just got back from her mission!  How time flies.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love everything about this picture!

Unknown said...

This is the best first picture I have ever seen. SO perfect. :)