- Pages -

1.26.2011

winter epiphanies

Today as I strolled onto campus on this cold and completely predictably gray January-esqe day I realized something:

I need to take Floral Design before I graduate.

To answer your question:
Yes, you may laugh.
And your other question:
Yes, I'm serious.

Walking between the Wilkinson Center and the library I spotted at least 5 people carrying the most colorful arrangements of Gerber daisies, roses and babies breath all swaddled in crisp spring colors of lime green and hot pink tissue paper.

Who doesn't need Gerber daisies on their window sill in the middle of January?

I don't know if I'm the only California girl who gets the mid-Winter-Utah-blues, but flowers sure wouldn't be a bad way to curb my sunshine cravings...I'm just saying.

I've planned it out, and with the time frame I've set up it's got to fit somewhere between April 2011 and April 2012, because 
(crossing all fingers and toes) 
I should hypothetically and probably be done with all things undergraduate related by then.

{ Gasp! }

However the best laid plans of mice and men and me are more than apt to go awry, 
so don't go holding you're breath just yet.

But this also means something else dear blogging friends...
something I didn't quite realize until I looked more closely at my transcripts just the other day:

I am a
senior in college!!

{ Double Gasp! }

It's only because of the exorbitant amount of credit hours I've gleaned over the last 3 years taking classes like Intro to Beginners Bowling and not officially declaring a major until the first semester of my junior year (aka: last semester), 
but the term senior just isn't rolling  smoothly off the tongue quite yet.
Yet being the operative word in that sentence.

I'm more than certain I'll get all too used to my new found seniority status by the time Fall rolls around again.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

1. Who would make fun of floral design?Arrangements today are so amazing -- it's a totally legitimate design field. You'd be a natural.
2. Woohoo for the home stretch of college! I met you when you were a junior in high school, and I'm still the same age, so this is crazy times.
3. I'm so sorry you're sick! I would have stolen the phone from Chris the other night but I was running out the door. I'll try to think of some good survival tips from when that was me.
4. Love you!

Ryan and Annalise said...

I took floral design during the bleak mid fall in Rexubrg and it was the best idea ever. I loved having the flowers when it started snowing in October and didn't stop until May. I say do it!