- Pages -

10.29.2010

hello my pretties...

It's Halloween time again.
It seems to creep up on me every year.
So what are you supposed to do?

I hear you're supposed to go do scary things and dress up like scary things and watch scary things...

Well I've picked out my pumpkin from the pumpkin patch...
 And I've watched Young Frankenstein...
And I sewed my Tinkerbell costume (don't be that impressed, pictures to come later of course)...

{ But I haven't gotten scared yet }

So , because of this gross lack of adrenalin-pumping fun in my life, someone had the bright idea that we should go to a haunted house.
And of course that is one of those bright ideas that sounds like so much fun.

Until we get there....

And then it's not so fun.

By the way, we didn't just go to any haunted house.

We went to the Nightmare on 13th...
As in the Travel Channel voted it one of the scariest haunted houses in America.
So we're talking a 45 minute walk through all manner of spookiness.
And people jump out at you.
And there's blood and guts and it smells like dry ice.
And there is a complete and total disregard for your personal bubble.

Who's bright idea was this again...???


Well, at least we got free pictures with a zombie.
Who snorted in my ear right after this was taken...
But we had fun.
Actually, we had a lot of fun.

At least we remembered that you don't go to haunted houses without a man.
Check.
We brought two just in case.
One to walk in front and one to walk behind.
Double check.
But here is my conclusion on haunted houses:

I've decided that haunted houses are one of those things that you look forward to going to.
You really hate them while you're there.
And then you laugh about how fun it was later.

I've also decided that that makes no sense.

No comments: