- Pages -

7.13.2010

summer reading

remember when that phrase used to strike fear into your little elementary school heart?
well, yeah, me neither.
but I do know it's one of favorite parts of June, July & August now.

my newest preferred bit of text is by a fellow named Bryce Courtenay:


who would have ever thought I'd like a book about a boxer?
at 500+ pages it might be a bit intimidating, but it's worth every minute.
enjoy!

P.S. suggestions for another summer read would be greatly appreciated, please and thank you.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

east of eden. twas magnifico.

Tobler said...

What appropriate summer reading for this World Cup season... I'm actually just reading Cry, The Beloved Country in honor of the South African hosts right now. It's very good. I'm also listening to a lot of Paul Simon's Graceland to finish off the South African vibe. It's also very good.