- Pages -

6.23.2010

nederland

canals + windmills + wooden shoes + orange + bikes =
Amsterdam
welcome to Dutchland

Day one consisted of: 
a.) Exploring the city and figuring out this whole riding a bike everywhere thing



 b.) checking out the canals
 

c.) eating egg sandwiches in Vondel Park



d.) and getting appropriately lost 


Day two continued with:
a.) A lovely early morning canal boat ride


b.) being freezing


c.) and the biggest bike garage you've ever seen



 Amsterdam you were ridiculously fun and you've inspired me to make sure a bike makes it up to Provo with me this summer.
I fear Utah drivers won't dodge me as well as Dutch ones did.
Here's hoping. 

P.S. Disclaimer: I thought I broke the blow dryer while we were in Amsterdam and we didn't want to risk the straightener too, plus we were riding around all day on our bikes so, needless to say, hair care kind of took a backseat to site seeing and enjoying.  Judge accordingly. 

No comments: